The Tweeting

"So what's the big deal with Twitter?" I didn't get it. You "stay connected" with your friends by answering the question "What are you doing right now?"

Well, I thought, MySpace has that, (status updates) as well as Facebook, and they're a lot more interactive and I find Facebook a lot more fun than either.

But, Twitter is the "in" thing, and it's a useful marketing tool for an actor if you know how to use it right. Keep your fans and business contacts in the know about your latest projects that you've booked, etc, and other must-know info about your career.

So without really being sure what the heck I was going to do with Twitter as a marketing tool, not really being sure I'm actually at a career level yet where this kind of tool would be useful, and kind of dragging my feet a little, I signed up.

But Twitter is not only about sharing your own status, called tweets, it's also about following others you find interesting. So I've started following some of my actor friends, and a few good charity causes that I believe in. And a few celebrities. (I was hoping at first to perhaps catch a glimpse of the business from their inside point of view, but most don't tweet about that. The fans aren't interesting in hearing that side of it.) But it's still interesting to read the non-business day to day (hour to hour, minute to minute) stuff they tweet about.

As a Harry Potter fan, I found Emma Watson (Hermoine) and Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy).

I think the entire world is following Ashton and Demi, but I finally gave in and started following too.

John Stamos just started tweeting about two weeks ago, and already he's putting up tons of pictures for his fans, etc. I've had a crush on Mr. Stamos since he was on Full House (oops, did I just date myself?) so of course I have to follow him. He seems like a really wonderful, nice guy.

One of my favorites to read is Nathan Fillion's tweets. His personality is an intriguing mix of intelligence, playfulness, and random goofy humor. On top of his being very easy on the eyes. =D

I also quickly discovered Kevin Spacey. He will actually tweet back to you, if you write something or ask a question that catches his interest. When I started following him a couple of months ago, he only had 200,000 or so followers, and so was responding frequently to fan tweets. But now he's got over 800,000 and he hasn't been tweeting or replying nearly as much. I can imagine how hard it must be to just read every single tweet, never mind responding. It seems to me a bunch of them must fall through the cracks. But when he was replying more frequently, he showed himself to be such a wonderful, caring, down-to-earth person, I've totally become a fan of him as a person as well as an actor.

And the video below has become sort of an inside joke to me (and to all of the other 800,000 people who also follow Mr. Spacey, I'm sure) - I was rolling on the floor laughing when I saw it! Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did! =D



No comments: