From Wikipedia: "The relationship between yin and yang is often described in terms of sunlight playing over a mountain and in the valley. Yin (literally the 'shady place' or 'north slope') is the dark area occluded by the mountain's bulk, while yang (literally the 'sunny place' or 'south slope') is the brightly lit portion. As the sun moves across the sky, yin and yang gradually trade places with each other, revealing what was obscured and obscuring what was revealed."
The Yin of it all: I put in a request at IMDb to get my name officially changed on my main page. However, it turns out that they won't change the name until I have an official credit using my new name. Which means that someone else can still come along and take my name. Which means that I may have wasted my money reserving the domain rights to IsabelleRoberston.com. Ugh. *facepalm* It feels like such a Catch 22 at the moment. I won't be able to change my name without an official credit on the IMDb, and I need a professional website in order to get that credit.
Wait, do I? If getting a professional credit hinges on mailing headshots/postcards weekly to casting directors, maybe I can hold off on the website/domain name until I have the credit and can lock in my name...
But then what if I get the credit, and it turns out someone else has already taken the .com? I can envision an endless circle of getting a credit only to find the .com taken, so I change my name again, work towards getting a credit for that name, only to find the .com taken, etc etc etc. It works the other way too, reserve the .com only to find the name taken on IMDb, so I change my name again, reserve the new .com, only to find that name taken on IMDb.... (that's waaaaay more expensive!)
Are you getting dizzy yet? I'm sorry if you are... On to the next topic.
The Yang of it all: I was letting my mind wander over my new name today, and it occurred to me that since I made the decision yesterday, Isabelle Robertson's "birthday" is February 24th. AKA 224. That makes me happy because that number combination, 224, has followed me around most of my life.
And then just for fun, I started considering that Feb 24th makes Isabelle Robertson a Pisces. (I'm actually a Virgo.) All kinds of fun stuff I can play with there. I actually just got a free Sample Astrology Birth Report for a birthday of 2-24-2009 from Tarot.com, and the description sounds more like me than in the report I got for my actual birthday. Yikes!
Anyhow, all of this seems to be a sign from the Universe that I did not make the wrong choice with this name. Although I'm not sure I believe in signs anymore. Been burnt one too many times.
I've been toying with the idea of "creating" Isabelle Robertson the same way I would create any other character. That way, when I audition, there is a clear line, it is Isabelle Robertson auditioning, it is her they expect and want to see. Not me.
I know that idea sounds weird, but I read an interview with Shakira (I think it was) and she said even though she's using her own name as her professional name, she's created an alternate personification with a different name that she uses when she performs. Because she's uncomfortable with the things she does on stage, so this other character she created can be that bold.
I'm sorry I'm in such a weird place today, still too tired, haven't had dinner yet. I had a legitimate point to make with this post, but I think it got lost. I need to eat, shower and just go to bed.
2 comments:
What about producing your own film (or collaborating) and posting the project on IMDB when you have your first pubic screening? =)
That sounds like a great idea, Erin! Thanks! =)
But at this point I'm really sure how to pull that off. Don't I need to be SAG to be able to post a project on the IMDb? Or have the project be a SAG production?
Lots of questions I still need to research before I can get that ball rolling...
Post a Comment