Classes Of Interest

I received an e-mail recently from an acting studio: "We're trying to think outside the box to get the word out about this amazing studio and wondered if you would be willing to mention our new classes on your blog?"  

At first I didn't think I would be able to oblige, since I haven't actually taken any of their classes. Then I thought, I might as well mention some of the other classes I've been looking at as well, I've got the links saved in my favorites, waiting for a time when I actually have money to take another class. Please keep in mind that all I know about these schools is what's on their website. I haven't researched any further or talked to anyone directly with their own personal experiences.

So first up [this info has been edited out].

Next up is Actors Certified Training. I've been wanting to take classes here for a long time. This program teaches an actor the technical aspects of on-camera performance. And not just putting you in front of a camcorder and "Wee, look at me, I'm acting for the camera!" like some of the other classes I've taken. They have full out movie/TV type sets with multiple cameras for you to learn on, complete with video village. They teach you how the glance of an eye on camera can create an emotional effect for the audience. They used to have a testimonial that said that, but I can't find it now. That's the line that actually sold me on wanting to take their classes. Check it out!! I'm so excited to eventually be able to take classes there.

(OH! And speaking of Acting In Film, be sure to check out the "Famed Acting lesson Actor Michael Caine gave on TV in 1987." It is amazing, I learned so much just in the first five minutes!)

Next is The Sam Christensen Studio. Another business of acting, identify your unique type program, which sounds similar to part of what Bob Fraser teaches in his books and workshops -- except Bob goes into every aspect of the business, while this studio seems to specialize in discovering & defining your type. Maybe a good complimentary class to what Bob teaches?

Speaking of which, Bob has a new teleseminar course (seminar over the phone, super-sized conference call) called The Star Within. He's partnered with Peak Potentials consultant David Breslow. Peak Potentials is an awesome program, I was first introduced to it back in 2005 as part of the Millionaire Mind Intensive weekend seminar I attended. (Wow, it's only been four years since then? It feels like so much longer...) Anyhoo, now that Bob's partnered with them, I can say with confidence, without even having taken the course yet, that The Star Within will be awesome! Peak Potentials is all about creating a powerfully positive, succesful frame of mind.

No comments: