Names, Names, Names, Names, Names!!

  • Izzie Palmer (favorite so far among my networking group) 
  • Annie Palmer
  • Emma Palmer
  • Betty Palmer
  • Betsy Palmer (This name is out, she's the actress who played Jason Voorhees mom in Friday the 13th)
  • Beth Rowan
  • Belle Rowan
  • Belle Hunter (last name not goofball enough?)
  • Beth Palmeroy
  • Emma Palmeroy (too british?)
  • Liz Palmeroy
  • Lizzie Palmeroy
  • Betty Palmeroy
  • Annie Palmeroy
  • Annie O'Palmer (I can pretend to be Irish! Weee!)
  • Betty Maplebeckpalmer (I found a website with all kinds of last names, hee hee!)
I think this is starting to get out of hand...

Yeesh. Do any of these sound like "goofball nerd with unexpected inner strength"? Do any of them sound like me? Choosing a new name is absolutely creating a new identity for yourself... And it's freaking hard to do!! (It's always a big deal for me to name characters I've created for the RPG I play as well, the names have to be perfect.)

I'm really hesitating about using "Izzie" because that's usually only a nickname that my closest friends use. To have it be my public alternate persona feels almost like a violation...

And in some ways, it almost feels as though, by focusing on the goofball nerd side of the character type, I'm selling myself short again. Casting myself as a smurf when I can be so much more...

Arg. I need to go to bed. 'Night.

2 comments:

Emory Rundle said...

I like your real name, Isabelle Palmer, but that is just me.

Iziezi said...

Hi Emory, thanks for your comment! =)

Still seeing if I can get any response from the company that currently owns the domain rights to IsabellePalmer.com, if they'd be willing to sell the rights to me.

But still debating if I want to change my name anyways, for the reasons I wrote about in my previous posts...