We Finished!


We finished shooting Boundaries... on Monday night, YAY!! At first it looked like we wouldn't be able to, because again, after one hour, we were only half way down page two. But then from the middle of page two to almost the end of page three, we were able to film that in one straight take without changing the set up. The first page there was a lot of different set ups for only three or four lines, and then turning the camera to catch the other person's side. Also a lot of time was eaten up placing the lights so that the actors were well lit, but you couldn't see the lamps in the window or avoiding hot spots on the cabinets.




I want to say that I'm very pleased with our camera guy, I'm promoting him to Director of Photography in the credits because he was very detail-oriented and caught a lot of stuff I may not have, such as the reflection of the lamp in the background, and with one or two exceptions he set up all of the shots for me, based on what I told him I wanted.


I'm also very happy with my acting partner for this scene. Emory did a great job, he found the truth of the moments that I, as director, felt were important to the scene, and he brought more life into the scenes through the discovery of action in the moment.




We also got a lot of behind the scene footage, because we unknowingly kept the camera kept rolling between takes, some of the interesting conversations we had, I may make a fun "Blooper" reel out of it. (They're not really bloopers though, so maybe it'll really be a behind the scenes reel?) Anyhow, I'll have to ask the guys if it's okay with them if I do that. And then see if I have time to do that. I haven't had the chance to start editing the real scene together yet, I get to start on that tomorrow, I'll finally have time, YAY! I think it's going to look really good.

1 comment:

Emory Rundle said...

I had a great time working with you too.