Yeesh. This is so disappointing and frustrating. I really really want Boundaries... to be so amazingly awesome. BUT, once again there are technical difficulties that may prevent this. This time it is because I used a previously recorded on camcorder tape instead of a brand new one. I believe this tape I used had only been recorded on twice previously. But, the issues that I wrote about regarding the Windows Movie Maker automatic capture are apparently actually due to the fact that the tape wasn't new. Because when I captured the footage in 5 min segments, there was still the same problem of the sound being out of sync with the picture, and the picture being choppy, and speeding up and slowing down randomly. The odd thing is that it plays back beautifully on the camcorder screen, no issues. So at this point my only hope is recording the footage to a VHS tape, buying brand new camcorder tapes and transferring the footage back to those, and then hopefully there won't be any problems
4 comments:
good luck! Technology is great when it works, but, boy does it suck when it don't!
Don
You know that is twice that you have used me and had problems. Maybe I am bad luck...lol.
Hey Emory,
I don't think you're bad luck. I think this is just the learning curve, since I have never owned a camcorder previous to filming stuff for The Random Acts. So everything is a learning experience, lighting night scenes, how often you can record on a tape before you need a new one, who knows what else I'll learn with the next project we do?
Hmm...
I got nothin, this time. Sounds like you've already MacGyver'd a solution, which sounds like it'd work.
Do you have a head cleaner? Not sure if that will help but it can't hurt.
And yeah, ALWAYS use fresh tape.
Post a Comment