Still mostly on the starting my massage business track, turned in the last of the application paperwork to the city yesterday, it will take a minimum of two weeks for approval.
A few weeks ago, I saw a local theatrical production of Once On This Island. I hadn't seen it before, turns out it's based on a book that was based on Hans Christian Anderson's The Little Mermaid.
Anyhow, the story and music itself didn't really capture me, but it was extremely well acted. And the woman who played Ti Moune on Broadway was in the cast as Erzulie, The Godess of Love. (I don't have the program anymore, and unfortunately, I don't remember her name.) The really fun part was I'd had to exchange my ticket for a different date, I usually sit more or less center about 7 rows back: The new ticket I received was front row center! It was a wonderful, rare luxury.
I also recently saw Heavenly Creatures on TV, starring Kate Winslet and Melanie Lynskey, and directed by Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings). It was such a good movie, Winslet and Lynskey were awesome! I was having somewhat of a hard time connecting to the characters emotionally, because they are so young (15 or so) and so melodramatically passionate, but at the same time I understand it because I was almost as passionate when I was that young, too.
I'd set Tivo to record this movie because Winslet was in it, but I was pleasantly suprised to see Lynskey in it as well, I've only seen her in a couple of other movies: I really liked her performance in Ever After (but I also love everything about that movie, it's one of my favorites) and Rose Red. But I was blown away by Lynskey in this movie. Gonna check out some of her other films/TV shows now, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment