I recently got to see Pie In The Sky on cable, which is a quirky little movie about a young man who wants more than anything to be a radio traffic reporter. The young man was played by Josh Charles, who I really like, I've seen him in a few movies, most notably Dead Poets Society.
Pie In The Sky also co-starred Anne Heche, which is the reason I had Tivo record it in the first place, she played Charles's love interest.
I really liked this movie because it was down to earth, the characters were complex and interesting, and the story line, albeit simple, was engaging. It was well acted, I connected with all the characters. And I really liked the premise that the radio traffic reporter is responsible for getting everyone driving home safely, that traffic can be reported with warmth and humor, and suggestions to make the drive more pleasant.
And Brent Spiner had an interesting cameo, I like him too. It's too bad he doesn't get more screen time, but it's always fun to discover his cameo performances in various movies, he always gives an excellent performance, emotionally honest with a complete character.
No comments:
Post a Comment