(Original posting at http://irmabelle.diaryland.com)
Oh my gosh! My parents and I were watching "Cirque Du Soleil: Varekai" on TV last night, (we recorded it last month on Bravo) and one of the acts is a magic act, which is a first for the Cirque, I believe. But wait! The magician's assistant looked and acted so much like me I was astounded! Or rather, to be more specific, she looked and acted like Jarabella, the comedic magician's assistant character that I portrayed several years ago for my magician friend Eric Le Mage (whom he created, by the way, I was given very little creative input into the character). This woman in Varekai acted EXACTLY like Jarabella would, and her costume was just as awful as the one I had to wear. Mine was knee length though, straight up and down sleeveless dress with large pink & white plaid fabric, tied around the waist, and an awful floppy brown and orange scarf tied in a huge bow on my head. The costume was Eric's idea, not mine, I hated it! So when I saw this Jarabella-like character, it was an unwelcome walk down memory lane, but at the same time, she and the act were completely hilarious!
No comments:
Post a Comment