Wednesday, Aug. 13, 2003 - 10:12 pm
(Original posting at http://irmabelle.diaryland.com)
Tonight was a lot of fun! My sister 'Squiffyone' and my cousin 'Cori' came over, I made pizza, and we all watched Summer Stock together! Cori hadn't seen it yet, so Squiffyone and I introduced it to her! She absolutely loved it, YAY!! It is one of Squiffyone's and my favorite movies, I've actually only seen it twice including tonight. Squiffyone introduced me to it a few years ago.
Summer Stock (1950) stars Judy Garland and Gene Kelly. There are so many reasons I love this film: Judy Garland's acting is excellent, I especially love the scene with her and Gene Kelly as he shows her why in theater someone sings a song to declare his love instead of just saying it, and I love the scene on the porch that follows as well. This movie has one of the most creative tap dancing scenes, it's Gene Kelly on an empty stage, he finds a creaky floor board, and slowly starts to build a dance around it. Then he finds a newspaper, and adds the sounds creating by tapping and shuffling on it to his dance, and soon he's got a full blown number! It's so awesome! I love the plot too, it's fairly realistic and down to earth, you can see Gene Kelly and Judy Garland falling slowly in love, although each is engaged to someone else...the plot is complex and intelligent, I love this movie! It's one of my all time favorites!
No comments:
Post a Comment