The Beginning

Saturday, Jul. 26, 2003 - 7:12 pm
(Original posting on http://irmabelle.diaryland.com)

This is my first diary entry! I don't know who will read this, but whoever you are: Welcome!
Never would have thought an adult would use these on-line diaries, huh? But I'm a quirky kid at heart, so my inner child enjoys this sort of thing. :o)

I guess that's enough of an intro, you can read my profile, and you'll learn more about me through my entries.

I just finished watching some of the extras on the "Lord of The Rings: Fellowship of the Ring" Extended DVD set...It's absolutely amazing, there are intimate interviews with the cast, they talk about each other, as well as what it was like to make the movie(s). (And it is completely different interviews and material than the extras on the Theatatrical Release DVD!) GOD I WANT TO ACT!!!! Everytime I watch a "Making of..." on the Special Features of any DVD, I just feel it in my gut, "I want to do that!" I can taste it, I want it so badly!

I'm very excited because I am already working towards that goal, perhaps that's why I can feel it so strongly. I've done a few months of background work, so I'm familiar with being on a TV/Film set, I've taken my first "Acting for the Camera" class last semester in college, although that was more for commercials than TV shows and films. But commercials are fun, if TV shows and films are "work", commercials are "play time".

So the next part of my plan is this: I'm going back to college full time this coming Fall semester, I've already enrolled in most of my classes and been approved for financial aid, YAY! I'll be taking mostly classes required for a Massage Techinician Certificate, because I figure that is a good career that will provide me with a solid income and the flexibility I need to be able to pursue an acting career in Hollywood. I'm also taking an evening acting class, and I want to take an Improv class, but the stupid on-line registration system the college has, I accidentally dropped the class, and now it won't let me add it again. So I think I'll have to go down in person and see if I can straighten this out. But after the Fall semester, I'll only have two classes left to get my Massage Technician Level I certificate, and then I can take a few more acting classes as well, which will allow me to also get my Associates degree in Theater Arts. So then in a year I'll be done, I'll have a job that will allow me to move closer to Hollywood than I am now (the drive is a bitch) and I can begin to look for an agent, etc. This is why I can taste the desire so badly, because I am so ready to just go for it, but I need to finish building my foundation first. GOD, I WANT TO ACT!!!!

No comments: