Sunday, Jul. 27, 2003 - 8:56 pm
I just finished watching the extended version of "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" and it is awesome! The new and extended scenes really help fill out the story, and answer almost all of the nagging questions I had after seeing the movie in the theater.
I woke up at 6am this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, because I started thinking about acting again and got myself all worked up. I was almost crying this morning because I want to do it so badly! (And also because I was tired, I'm always emotional when I'm overly tired.) Thank goodness today was my day off from work, so I could take a few short naps through out the day!
I want to tell you about my career goals, and it will be a good reminder for myself as well, when the going gets tough in the future and I start asking myself, "Why the hell did I want to do this?"
First thing: I don't necessarily want to be famous. What I DO want is to be well respected within the industry, and I want to be able to make a decent living, be involved with well respected projects. I am currently looking at Tom Hanks as my role model, because he is well respected and liked within Hollywood, the tabloids don't follow him around, and he has a stable marriage. I want to be involved with at least one really special project, like Lord of the Rings, or The Princess Bride, or Titanic, or something like that, a movie that is a completely awesome experience to be a part of and that is well loved. I want to play interesting characters, not just "The Mom" or "The Neighbor" or whoever, I want something similar to Johnny Depp's character choices, he always plays interesting characters. (I have GOT to start finding women role models!) I would also love to do a voice for an animated movie, especially a Disney "Princess".
By writing all this stuff down, I am asking the universe for all of it to be given to me. My mom once told me, all you have to do is ask, and the universe will give it to you. And in some small way this has already proven true to me. I had in my mind a very specific idea of what I wanted my first set of head shots to look like. I visualized what the picture would look like several months before I actually went to have the photos taken. But when I was at the studio, I didn't really try to force anything, I didn't say, "Hey I've had this idea in my head, we have to do it this way." In fact, I had more or less forgotten that there was a specific idea that I'd had. I just went with the flow. I realized maybe a month later, that my visualizations had become a reality. The pose that was the best shot was nearly identical to the picture I had imagined and wanted months before. So I believe the same thing will happen with my career. Every time I start to get worried about it, worried that maybe I'm taking to long to get started, or getting too old to be "discovered" or whatever, I remind myself that everything will work out the way it's supposed to. I've told the universe what I want, and the universe will take care of the rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment