To be honest I don't remember much about this day, except that I nearly fell asleep in class, I was so tired. My eyes just would not stay open, and all of a sudden I heard myself starting to snore, so I forced my eyes to stay open after that.
L. and I performed our scene in pretty much the same way as we had the week before, and Michelle tweaked our actions a bit, and asked us to bring in the circumstances of the play this time, and to deepen our character relationship.
I had my one-on-one meeting with Michelle, and she said that she didn't see any problems with me moving on to Boot Camp II, but she'd have to discuss the decision with my Meisner teacher and they would come to a decision together. (Apparently they decide who gets invited, I was mistaken in believing it was based on our scenes being filmed.) I mentioned that I had been having a hard time getting my head wrapped around choosing an action, and I wished we had spent more time on how to choose a good action. I also mentioned that I was frustrated with the rehearsal process, because in both my scene with D. and with L., we were uncertain how to explore and find new ways to perform the scene, because the stuff she gave us in class was so good, we couldn't see any way to improve it. So Michelle suggested that L. and I improvise a conversation between our characters. She also said that while my energy was clear and connected, that she would love to see me be less contained with it, and with my physicalities. When she said that, I realized that I had been holding myself back in Kennedy's movement class, I was letting fear get in the way of exploring the physical expression of emotion, action, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment