It's Not All In My Head

I finally have an answer. Or part of an answer anyways. Today I had a VNG test, which is a diagnostic test to help determine what is causing my dizziness.

It turns out that I have Unilateral Vestibular Loss (UVL) aka Benign Paroxysmal Positional Nystagmus (BPPN) in my left ear, which means that the part of my ear that senses balance is dysfunctional; In my case, my left ear has a 30% loss.

I'm so glad to know I'm not making it up in my head!

There are other factors that can aggravate the UVL, or in addition to the UVL cause dizziness, but not all of my dizziness symptoms can be explained by the UVL alone. But at least we have one solid piece of the puzzle now.

Main | IsabelleRobertson.com

4 comments:

Marsha Loftis said...

Sorry to hear you have not been feeling well. Dizziness is nothing to play around with.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marsha,

Thanks for stopping by! Most days I feel ok most of the time. I just haven't been driving since May last year because of this. Glad to finally know it's not psycho-somatic .

Emory Rundle said...

I am glad to hear that you now know what is happening. Dizziness can be really scary.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Emory. =)

Knowing helps a lot. Now when something I do makes me dizzy, I don't have to wonder why anymore.