Tuesday, Mar. 29, 2005 - 11:32 am
(Original Posting at http://irmabelle.diaryland.com)
Lately, I'd been reconsidering my choice to pursue a career in acting, I'd almost decided that I didn't have what it takes after all, that I should just focus on massage, (There are so many opportunities to learn new techniques in massage too! Not to mention running my first small business!) BUT I started watching the behind-the-scene features on the SpiderMan 2 DVD, and now I want to be in TV/Film all over again, still! I want it just as badly as before!
This weekend, I saw a French movie called "A Summer's Tale" and it was really good, I enjoyed it very much. And that lead to the thought popping into my head: Maybe rather than doing mainstream movies, I'd enjoy making independent films, maybe that would be the niche I could fit into. Because mainstream, I'd most likely be a character actress, or a B-movie actress, neither of which is a bad thing per se, but I've got the idea into my head that perhaps there are more opportunties to play a character outside of my "type" in independent films as opposed to mainstream.
I decided against doing the extra work at this point in time, because I'm really enjoying having so much free time, even if I do spend most of it around the apartment. I have time to practice my piano playing skills, I have time to exercise, I have time to read and study my new massage books, and none of it is rushed or squeezed in. If I chose to do the extra work now, some of that or a lot of that free time would be lost. And my intuition is telling me to enjoy this free time to it's fullest while it lasts, because it's not gonna last. And this is my "vacation" time after a year and a half of full time school, and being so busy I barely had time to think.
But my passion to act in TV/Film has been renewed. I think it was Alfred Molina that did it this time. He's not classically handsome, he's not in the best shape physically, but he's an awesome actor, and he got to play a really cool role as Doc Octo in this movie...and I kinda felt like I have a lot in common with him, who he is as a person and an actor, just from the interviews and the clips of him on set...I could be wrong about that of course, he could be nothing like me in real life, but I got the impression that he was. And if he is there, in the acting industry, making a living at it, then so can I. YAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment