Wow. Last time I wrote a post for myself was May last year. That's 9 months. We've got a lot of catching up to do!
The main reason I haven't written for so long is that not much has changed in my acting career since I last wrote. Except...
The biggest thing affecting my acting career is the 30% vestibular loss I have in my left ear.
This is not a hearing loss; in fact, according to my doctor, my hearing is far better than most people's. What this is, in my case, is a mild disability in the balance-sensing system in my left ear. So my sense of balance is not what it once was, and things like whipping my head around to check my blind spot while driving at freeway speeds sends the world spinning. Or driving more than three or four miles on surface streets. I've also figured out that the bumps and uneven-ness of the roads are part of what affects my driving ability and causes some of my dizziness. So the faster and farther I drive, the worse the dizziness gets.
This is not a hearing loss; in fact, according to my doctor, my hearing is far better than most people's. What this is, in my case, is a mild disability in the balance-sensing system in my left ear. So my sense of balance is not what it once was, and things like whipping my head around to check my blind spot while driving at freeway speeds sends the world spinning. Or driving more than three or four miles on surface streets. I've also figured out that the bumps and uneven-ness of the roads are part of what affects my driving ability and causes some of my dizziness. So the faster and farther I drive, the worse the dizziness gets.
But all that means is that I will be entirely self-producing my acting career! =D
My writer has completed a first draft for the entire script of Temporarily Mary, the web-series I'm developing - so now it's my turn to go through the script and mark it up for re-writes.
And that's pretty much where things are at in my acting career for now.
In my personal life, I was laid off from my day job in June. I actually decided that would be a great time to start learning skills for a new day job career direction, and I signed up with the Adult Continuing Education classes for Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Digital Photo Touch-Ups and Restorations.
BTW, actors, if you need your headshots touched up, I can do a great job for you, only $10 per photo, introductory pricing on your first order -- White balance, color correction, cropping, resizing as necessary for web and printing, balancing the photo and adding that little extra pizzaz to grab the viewer's attention. Please email me if you're interested.
Anyhow, I'm planning to continue my artistic education with classes in Dreamweaver, Flash, Premiere, After Effects, and possibly Unity or Maya (3D graphics for games.)
I've found several micro-gig sites, like Fiverr.com, that I'm using to patch together my own "job" using my new skills. I've got so many creative ideas, it's just a matter of getting them rolling. I've mostly been making web banners recently.
I've also started working with a good friend of mine who is a Life Coach and Master Hypnotherapist among other things. I ended up taking his Hypnotherapy Training Course -- I hadn't been planning to, not right away, but he asked me to come -- and I'm now a certified Clinical Hypnotherapist! Isabelle Palmer, CCHt.
What I've been thinking of doing with that new skill, since I'm patching together my own career from scratch, is a CD for actors to help with audition nervousness, memorization, cold readings, emotional freedom, and spontaneity in performance. That's going to take a while to put together, but if you're interested in that, let me know and i'll keep you updated on the development.
I've been reading a book called Organizing for the Creative Person, which has inspired me to create my own Day Planner (which I still need to make a habit out of using.)
But more recently, I found a great site, Mindbloom.com, that is an online planner in the form of a virtual growing tree. I really love it, because it's creatively visual... check it out! I'm also looking for friends to create a forest of trees with, it's a socially interactive site where you can support your friends as they grow their trees. Let me know if you want to be in the forest with me.
Lastly, I adopted a Betta back in November, my first fish ever -- his name was Dobby, pink with blue fins. But he was already old when I got him, and he died last weekend. ='( So this weekend, I got a new baby Betta who I have named Penfold. He's silver with blue & peach shimmers, and his fins are peach with blue tints. His swimming fins are completely clear and nearly invisible.
Yup. And that's been my life for the last 9 months.
2 comments:
Hi :)
I was wondering,in respect to that headshot retouching you've mentioned, can you add focus, the light square effect and make pupils larger in the eyes?
Anyway hope to see your series soon! :)
Best Wishes,
Patty S.
Hi Patty,
Yes, I can add focus either to the entire photo, or to specific areas. I can also blur backgrounds that are too distracting. I'm not sure what the "light square effect" is, do you have a link to an example? And yes to the pupils. =)
~Isabelle~
Post a Comment