Where Have You Been??

I watched most of The Ex last night (minus the first 15 minutes and the last 5 - 10 mins or so) -- which now that I'm looking on the IMDb to link to it, is apparently actually called Fast Track -- weird, I could have sworn the guide said it was called The Ex, I guess it must have been mis-labelled or I read it wrong...

Anyhow, I enjoyed it because there were so many uniquely strange characters in it. But Jason Bateman blew me away. He was so committed, honest, and strong in his portrayal of being a completely patronizing, brilliant sociopath and manipulative *beep* -- ahem, jerk -- I couldn't take my eyes off of him. Why haven't I seen more of him in anything? Ever? 

It almost seemed as though he were channeling Alec Baldwin, Bateman carried the same charismatic attitude and shine in his eyes that Baldwin is known for. 

3 comments:

magickat said...

I just love Jason Bateman. He is EXCELLENT in Arrested Development and was just heartbreaking in Juno. I recommend both if you'd like to see more of his work.

Iziezi said...

Talk about serendipity or whatever you want to call it. The day after I posted this, I turn on the TV, and "Juno" just happens to be on, the scene where the teenager meets Jason Bateman and Jennifer Garner. That was a really great movie, and Bateman's performance/story line is still haunting me...

Iziezi said...

And I've just checked out Hulu.com, and they have Arrested Development available from the pilot to the current season's episode! Gonna check it out! Only reason I'm not watching it at this very moment is because the site was apparently under maintenance or something and wouldn't load the video.