I need to get to bed, but I wanted to write a quick post about dress rehearsal tonight.
We had a lot of fun warming up, playing a game called Zip-Zap, where we all stand in a circle, one person sends a sound and a movement towards someone else, that person does it back, and then sends a different sound and movement to someone else. The key is to do it really fast without really thinking about what you're doing. But it was fun to play with everyone in a group like that, we hadn't really done that before last night.
We had a small audience consisting of friends of some of the actors, and they were very responsive and vocal through-out the performance, a lot of laughing. It seems the audience really enjoyed the show!
At the end of the first act, I was a bit disappointed because 'Judy' and I really didn't get very many laughs, but Durward did, he's just a funny character, with a lot of hilarious lines. I don't know if I was expecting laughs or not, I guess most of the stuff we say isn't really that funny, but with everyone else getting so many laughs, I kind of felt left out. But 'Judy' said she hadn't really been expecting that many laughs. So then I didn't feel so bad.
But then, in Act II, we have a scene where we sneak down the stairs, Judy asks "Did you hear something?" and I have a completely random, off the wall response which got a huge laugh (Yay! I'm not gonna share the line 'til productions over, just in case one of my friends reads this, don't want to spoil the moment for them when they come to see it.) And then the rest of the scene got huge laughs too, so then I was happy.
And then, at the end of the night, Stan had a few notes for us, and he said all three of us (Judy, Durward and I) were perfect, he loved our performances tonight. So I guess it was okay that Judy and I didn't get a whole lot of laughs over all, I guess we're really not meant to.
But the dress went really well, it's going to be fun from here out! Yay! (Even more fun than the process has been already.)
No comments:
Post a Comment